Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Thor at 4 months, photoshop, & bike racing


Thor close up b&w watercolor
Originally uploaded by cbnystrom.
Thor had his 4 month doctor's appointment today, which meant 4 shots 8-( but he is doing very well.

The stats...

15 pounds, 14 ounces (75th percentile)
26 inches (88th percentile)
pooping daily
smiling and giggling constantly

And he's sleeping 10 hours a night!

We are soooo in love.

I just bought photoshop and can already tell that I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

I really dig the black & white watercolor effect on the above photo.

I raced my bike last last night (first time since May at the JHU Druid Hill training series. I got in my intervals and had a fun time, though the racing was very negative. Everyone felt a need to chase down everything immediately and then just sit on the wheel.

I mean, if you're going to chase down an attack why not take a pull or 2 to try to make something stick?

In any event, it was good training & I badly needed some interval work to prepare for 'cross. I'll be back out the next few Tuesdays.

Good night.

3 comments:

Ultrabiker said...

You all "Hammer" too much!!! Need to slow down, suffer a little & do some real climbs (5K-8K' in 30-40 miles) and ride for 4-6 hours (70-100 miles) 3-4 times a week. Those that "Hammer" for short periods a couple times of week, seem to DNF when the events are long, steep and grueling. You'd most likely out sprint me though..maybe on the flats.

Chris said...

The only "real" climbs we have out here are "real" short and "real" steep.

Having done some loooooong climbs over big mountain passes I'd say that I prefer those to a ride with constant short, steep hills.

As far as hammering, you gotta do some hammering to get fast, but I agree that the long suffer-fests are where it's at.

One of my best & hardest days on the bike was the Shenandoah Mountain 100 last year...there's no shortage of climbing in that event!

word.

Ultrabiker said...

AHHH! The truth comes out. A cyclist after my own heart. If you aren't doing anything the weekend of 24-25 Sept, come on out to my neck of the woods and try the "EVEREST CHALLENGE". It will put you in a realm of "SUFFERING" you could have never imagined experiencing. I believe that you'd go away as a new and completely different man after completing this "SUFFER-FEST" event.