Thursday, October 27, 2005

Travel Bug

I want to go here, Mountain Hostel in Gimmelwald, Switzerland. The wood-fired hottub would be money after a long hike in the mountains.

I heard about it listening to the podcast of Rick Steves' Travel radio show.
While there's a lot of crap in the podcast universe there are also some really good offerings & this is one of the best. You can find his show and many other podcasts on iTunes.

The past few days I've been listening to Rick's show during my walk to work.
I have a real passion for travel and Rick Steves is an excellent resource for travel ideas.
On Monday there was a discussion about gites in France, an affordable way to vacation and become immersed in the culture of France and many other areas of Europe. Yesterday, the show focused on Prague and the Czech Republic as well as an interview with the operator of the Mountain Hostel in Gimmelwald.

Listening to these shows brings back memories of my own travels and inspires me to start planning the next adventure. It will take a little more planning with Thor, but I'm sure he'll get a lot out of travelling. Given Mel and I's love of adventure and exploration, I'm sure he got the ~travel gene~ too.

1 comment:

John said...

I actually stayed at that hostel last summer when touring Europe with a friend from high school. The views really are amazing. It takes all kinds of transportation to get up to Gimmelwald. Definitely not easy access.