Thursday, December 22, 2005

Natz videos and thinking about 2006

Henry Jurenka shot some fantastic video footage at 'cross natz.

Here is a link to his videos of the 35-39 race on Friday. They convey the intensity & harshness of the weather. The weather and race were epic. I'm glad that someone was there to document the event.

Thanks Henry!

I've been enjoying time off the bike and time eating and drinking a beer or two. It feels good to let the training go and relax without feeling stressed about it. I'm starting to get the itch to get back out and ride...maybe this weekend. It'll be easy, fun rides for a while with a lot of time on the SS mtb and fixie on the road.

Next season will see me more focused on the mountain bike and 'cross. I've done a handful of mtb races in the past and never gotten any decent results, but my fitness is much improved since then. I'll be doing some XC Sport races and perhaps some SS. We're also looking at doing 12 hours of Lodi Farms, 24 hours of Big Bear and either the Wilderness 101 or Shenandoah Mountain 100. All that will be for fun and pride...and the camping.

Once again cyclocross will be the focus of the racing season. I felt good this year, but my racing time was limited. I'm planning on hitting most of the MAC races next year, either in the Masters or B classes. I'll have to think about that one. The Masters race earlier, which would get me home sooner (though I enjoy hanging out at the races all day when I can). The racing will be tough and the fields large in both.

It'll be all good either way. I just enjoy riding and racing my bike. Results are nice when the happen, but the experience is rewarding enough.

No comments: