Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Petting Zoo

Thor and I took a trip to Clark's Elioak Farm & Petting Zoo this morning.
We've ridden by this place a bunch on our bikes as we make our way out to western Howard County, but this is the first time we've visited.

Thor hit it off with the animals immediately. There were goats, sheep, horses, donkeys, pigs, cows, an emu, turkeys, chickens, ducks, and rabbits. We'll be coming here in October for a hayride and pumpkin picking. The farm also sells fresh vegetables.

This place is a gem and it's right off 108 in Columbia/EC.

Well, it's 8:30pm and I'm making myself ride the trainer tonight since Thor and I picked up a pizza from Bertucci's after hanging out at the pool. I'll be doing a hard ride on the mtb tomorrow, but I can't let this day pass without some chamois time. Afterall, some cats were racing 'cross last night! I've gotta get my ass in shape in a hurry!

Here are some photos from the petting zoo.

IMG_1489.JPG


IMG_1468.JPG

IMG_1479.JPG

IMG_1503.JPG

IMG_1501.JPG

And yes we washed our hands before having lunch.

IMG_1508.JPG

1 comment:

gwadzilla said...

nice....


a case where it is okay to feed the animals

my kids would be trying to ride the goats