Sunday, May 20, 2007

The watchful hosemaster


052007_16581.jpg
Originally uploaded by cbnystrom


I made it home from the race (more on that later) at 1:45 and spent the afternoon working (playing) in the yard.

The working part was mulching and watering trees. Mr. T is big into fire engines so he got to play the part of fireman working the hose. We both got pretty wet, but the trees received plenty of much needed water.

After the yardwork we kicked back and played in the sandbox.Sitting in the shade shoveling sand was relaxing and much appreciated by my tired legs.

By 5:30 we were all hungry and I was craving nachos. I poured a beer and fired up the grill.
Shortly thereafter we were sitting at the table on the deck eating BBQ Chicken nachos with fresh corn on the cob. Guacamole and BBQ sauce...mmmm. A second beer had me feeling nice. The two-beer buzz is a wonderful thing.

After a full day of non-stop activity sleep came easily.




No comments: