Monday, December 08, 2008

material concerns


IMG_3658
Originally uploaded by bmpskier
It was a day of multiple material concerns (and too much running) at Reston yesterday. I got a good start, but perhaps a paid a karmic price for pimping Andy Gorski pretty good in one of the early turns. I'm all for racing and fighting for position, but I probably didn't need to close the door on him 1 minute into the race when there was plenty of room. I did apologize and open up space in the line for him afterwards.

A couple of minutes later I remounted at the top of the runup and my bike made a nasty sound as one of the brake arms got wedged under the rim. The wheel wouldn't even turn. I messed around with it for a couple of minutes but couldn't get it to budge, so I ran.

Just like that I went from being close to the front, on Gunnar's wheel, and feeling pretty good to all alone way off the back. I would like to think I had a top 10 in my legs, but that's racing. I was a shit show, but I still had fun.

I kept alive my record of never DNF'ing a 'cross race by coming in DFL, but at least I finished. Since I wasn't exactly racing I had time to reflect on the season while I rode the track and waited to get lapped. Yes, this photo was taken during the race. I had just flatted on the last lap and looking at the prospect of running the same long section that I had already run on the first lap.

It really was a very good season for me and I'm already thinking about next year. The transition to Elite Masters went well. Now I need to figure out what I need to do to step it up and find a way into the top 10 at MAC events and consistently top 5 in the MABRA.

I'm relatively new to bike racing (first CX race 2003) so I feel like I'm still improving every year. I'm also becoming more aware of my weaknesses. That's where I'll focus when I started putting together the game plan for 2009.

286 days until Charm City 'Cross (Sunday 9/20/09)

Cheers!

4 comments:

Adam said...

286 Days! yay cross!

nice job this season.

Scott T. said...

I just marked it on my calendar

great year Chris. You are being radically too modest when you say the transition to 1/2/3 Masters went smoothly. You kicked ass and took names. Really impressive.

sue said...

抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,主機代管,虛擬主機,專屬主機,實體主機,獨立主機,網域申請,網頁空間,推薦虛擬主機,網域,網域註冊

shopping blog said...

The curve of pandora jewelry the end of the ironing board to Pandora charms act as the shoulder. Now, mist pandora bracelets and charms the shirt with your spray bottle and then buy Pandora you start ironing over the front of the discount pandora bracelets shirt. When you approach the part of Pandora necklace the shirt that has the buttons on the pandora necklace beads edges, you pull the bottom part of the shirt taught and then work against Pandora necklace sale the direction you are pulling at with the iron. Next you will then proceed to pull the shoulder taught by cheap pandora charms once again pulling the end of the shirt so that you can iron the front of the shirt where your pectoral muscles would be.