Monday, July 02, 2007

fresh


070207_13281.jpg
Originally uploaded by cbnystrom
It's that time of year. The wild raspberries are out there for the picking. I brought along a sandwich baggie to pick a bunch of ripe ones.

With temps in the 70's, sun in the sky, and the humidity non-existent I found a way to get the afternoon free for a ride. I lubed the chain, put new cleats on my shoes, and rolled down the driveway.

This was the best ride I've had in months.

I listened to a discussion about Sicily on Travel with Rick Steves.

I listened to one of Kevin Smith's SMODCAST's (the one about eating poo)

I listened to Dark Side of the Moon.

I listened to the wind in the trees and the water in the creeks.

I had a mind-meld with the trails and was entranced by the flow.

I didn't completely suck on the climbs.

I rode a couple of the gnarlier downhills with nary a butt-pucker.

I felt fresh. I felt good.

Yeah.

No comments: