Saturday, July 14, 2007

recovered but not rested


071407_13191.jpg
Originally uploaded by cbnystrom
Mmmtb

I'm coming off a rest week in which my legs took it easy but a nagging summer cold (cough) and crappy sleep led to poor sleep.

I hit the trails solo on Saturday without any expectations for how I would feel. Surprisingly I felt really good. The only time I didn't feel good was on the steep, rocky climbs over by Hilton/Hilltop. But the only time I ever feel good on those climbs is when I'm going super-ez. If you're riding a tough, technical climb with any effort your going to feel it.

I'll be happy when this late-night cough goes away so that I can actually sleep.

The wild blackberries are just starting to ripen up and they are plentiful this year.

Big pickings next weekend.

No comments: