Friday, November 14, 2003

Last Saturday I did my second ever Cyclocross race & it was a lot of fun!
I got 2nd and my teammates were 3rd, 4th, and 12th.

Saturn Classic Cyclocross Race 11/8/03 Camp Hill, PA
C Race Podium

It's nice to actually get some results after a couple of years of training and being humbled in races. Results or not, riding the bike is a fun way to stay in shape and relieve stress.

On Monday I'm starting a training program with a coach. This should allow me to train smarter, improve my fitness, and make me more competitive in races.

On the fun side of riding our night riding group has started our weekly night mountain bike rides. While there is some exercise involved these rides are laid back and pure fun.

We have developed a good relationship with the Pastor of a Church that borders the trails. He allows us to use the Church parking lot as a starting point for our rides. This is a big help to us and we've made a donation to the Church to show our appreciation.

On Tuesday's night ride my bike broke, so it's at the shop. The linkage for the rear suspension literally ripped away from the pivot. And I was just riding along...really!

No comments: