Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ouch. boo boo.


101807_09311.jpg
Originally uploaded by cbnystrom
Who the heck goes over the bars on an uphill?
Umm, that would be me.

While doing some short sprints last night on the mountain bike I hit a rock while jamming an uphill. I actually saw the rock and thought my front wheel was going to clear it, but my timing was a little off.

I was out of the saddle in mid-sprint so when my tire kissed the rock I was immediately launched forward.

My hand took the impact as the meaty part of my palm slammed a pointy rock. That sucked. My immediate thought was 'broken hand, no Granogue, boo hoo'.

After some ice and a bunch of ibuprofen it's feeling better...bruised as hell, but not broken. I think that by Saturday I'll be able to hold onto the handlebar but it'll still be sore. Ok, enough whining. Time to HTFU!

No comments: