Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Thor at 4 months, photoshop, & bike racing


Thor close up b&w watercolor
Originally uploaded by cbnystrom.
Thor had his 4 month doctor's appointment today, which meant 4 shots 8-( but he is doing very well.

The stats...

15 pounds, 14 ounces (75th percentile)
26 inches (88th percentile)
pooping daily
smiling and giggling constantly

And he's sleeping 10 hours a night!

We are soooo in love.

I just bought photoshop and can already tell that I'm going to have a lot of fun with it.

I really dig the black & white watercolor effect on the above photo.

I raced my bike last last night (first time since May at the JHU Druid Hill training series. I got in my intervals and had a fun time, though the racing was very negative. Everyone felt a need to chase down everything immediately and then just sit on the wheel.

I mean, if you're going to chase down an attack why not take a pull or 2 to try to make something stick?

In any event, it was good training & I badly needed some interval work to prepare for 'cross. I'll be back out the next few Tuesdays.

Good night.

1 comment:

Chris said...

The only "real" climbs we have out here are "real" short and "real" steep.

Having done some loooooong climbs over big mountain passes I'd say that I prefer those to a ride with constant short, steep hills.

As far as hammering, you gotta do some hammering to get fast, but I agree that the long suffer-fests are where it's at.

One of my best & hardest days on the bike was the Shenandoah Mountain 100 last year...there's no shortage of climbing in that event!

word.