Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Look out World's, here I come!

I've been on a bit of a hiatus from the blog due to having a lot of balls in the air recently.

I'll get'er fired up again here soon with some stories from 'Cross Worlds in The Netherlands.
I'm heading over to Euro-ville tomorrow evening for a long weekend of adventures in the low countries. It'll mostly be hanging out with drunk Belgians & Dutch watching 'cross races, as well as sampling the beer & food. I'm excited to check out the euro-cross scene and see Sven Nys in person. It'll be like mental training. I imagine I'll be pretty fired up to ride and race my bike. I return on Monday evening so I should have some things posted early next week.

In other news, we just bought a house that has a trailhead to some sweet singletrack (Rockburn & Patapsco/Avalon) just down the street. I envision hitting the trails with lights for some early morning pre-work rides and also after-work mtb rides right out the front door. And then there's the mtb group rides followed by hanging out on the deck grilling up grub and drinking beer. Not to mention good road riding, like hill repeats up Ilchester. I'm looking forward to riding the mountain bike without loading it on the car and driving to the trail head! We close in mid-Feb and will move sometime in March.

Thor had his 9 month check-up and he is still in the 95th percentile on length and 50th on weight...long and lean, with sprinter thighs! We'll have the boy on a mountain bike soon.

That's it for now. I'll keep a journal during my trip and post my thoughts and observations when I return.

peas

No comments: