Wednesday, June 13, 2007

God of Thunder


061307_18461.jpg
Originally uploaded by cbnystrom


All day today I was looking forward to my after-work ride.

I made it home, suited up, filled a bottle, ate a big handful of chocolate covered coffee beans, and rolled down the driveway.

The weather was threatening, but it looked like the storm was going to miss us to the North.

I rolled through Rockburn and crossed Landing Rd. into Avalon. As I crossed the road between parks the storm hit.

Thunder
Lightning
Heavy Rain
And even some hail

It was game-on.

I hammered up the log trail and worked my way over to the other Landing Rd. trailhead. The water was flowing down the trail, but the dirt was so packed down and dry that there was no mud.

The lightning was getting intense and the rain wasn't letting up so I chose to ride the road through Grovemont before dropping back into Rockburn and heading home.

It was only a 40 minute ride, but it was fast!

I got some good intensity work and I didn't get struck by lightening so all in all it was a good day on the bike.

No comments: