Thursday, August 10, 2006

committed

24 days until the Shenandoah 100.

I registered today, before the price increases. I was committed before, but now I'm really committed. Last night I Stans'd up my tires and this weekend I'll install new cables and housing. The Stans-ing went ok. The first tire went on fine, but it took me a while to get the second one to hold air. After some finessing and much pumping she sealed up. This morning both tires were still holding air. The bike should be ready even if my legs are not.

45 days until 'cross season kicks off.

I've had some good training this week. My legs and body are in a bit of shock, but that's a good thing. Undertrained, fresh, & motivated is the way to be at this point in the year...or at least that's what I'm telling myself.

This is a great time of year. It's still hot and nasty out, but Fall is right around the corner. And here in the mid-atlantic we have a long and glorious Fall.

2 comments:

gwadzilla said...

yikes...

I need to suck it up and register

also need to strip my broken jamis nova

I dread and love the shenandoah mountain 100

if I go I need to put human faces on these electronic identiies

will you bring the family?

we may camp
make a family affair

Chris said...

The family will be visiting family...probably a bit too soon for camping. Let me know if you're going to be there and I'll look you up.